Wednesday 23 April 2014

More Prima goodness..............

Hi there,

I am back with my third project for Ali-Craft DT.

Continuing with the theme of items you may use on a day to day basis, I have made a book mark and a Altered giant peg, which you can use to hold a special Photograph or a note for some one.

So here they are.............................






The giant peg, was given a good coating of Gesso, before I added a layer of Espresso Paint dabber. I left it to dry then trimmed some of the Prima paper to fit the front and back, gave them a good edging with Antique Linen Distress Ink and stamped a  few of the small Butterflies in Potting Soil Archival ink.



The other side, using a different pattern.


The Bookmark started life as a giant paper clip and a huge bottle cap!





I gave the bottle cap a coat of Paint Dabber in Espresso left to dry, then cut a circle from some scraps to fit on the inside and edged once again in Antique Linen DI. Molded a butterfly with some Air dry clay; once dry painted and gilded with Treasure Gold (Sorry I had to get use some in my projects lol). Adhered the Butterfly to the centre of the bottle cap. Then using a strong glue (Bostik) I then attached the Bottle Cap to the Paper Clip.


Close up of the Butterfly........


I hope you have enjoyed my project this week, Don't forget to pop back next Monday for my final piece.

Happy Crafting.



Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them. Thank you x